As you prayerfully consider committing to a Glad Tidings' Home Experience small group, here are answers to some frequently asked questions!
What you can expect...
- A weekly touch-point with other Godly women who will encourage, uplift and pray for you. You will come away refreshed and energized each week - something we all need and crave!
- Solid, Biblical principles that apply to your life regardless of age or season in life
- New friends, and fun!!
- Practical tools and tips for everyday life
Examples of topics and teachings
- The Dignity and Sanctity of the Home
- Personality Dynamics and Reducing Family Conflicts
- Priority Management
- The Use-What-You-Have-Principle
- Cooking Demos
- …and SO MUCH MORE!
Please keep in mind the following:
- Childcare is not provided, as this takes place in private homes around the Bay Area. Please be sure to make your own reliable, weekly childcare arrangements.
- We can’t guarantee that your desired meeting time will be available. This will depend on the availability of the host homes and leaders at this time.
- The weekly meetings are about 2-2.5 hours long. Please plan for this length, in addition to transportation time.
- Please check your calendar now for potential conflicts, and also be realistic about your schedule and other commitments. We do ask that this become a priority commitment during the seven weeks.
- If your schedule doesn't allow such a commitment at this time, that's okay! This is not your last chance to participate. We will offer H.E. again next year and will be happy to include you at that time.
- Groups run once a week for seven weeks, at the same place and time each week.
- Meetings begin the first week of September and end in late October. Exact dates will be communicated before your group begins.
- Average group size is 5-8 women.
- A snack or meal will be provided each week, along with teaching and group discussion.
- Weekly commitment is mandatory. We ask that you consider this a commitment to God as well as the women in your group.
- Purchase the Home Experience book, a beautiful book with chapter after chapter of Godly wisdom that you'll treasure for years to come. Each group member needs to have her own personal copy of the book for note-taking and reference.